- Seattle BrainWorks (SBW), a program of PROVAIL, “is a community-based program providing ongoing peer-based support to people who have experienced traumatic brain injury. Our mission is to encourage survivors of brain injury to relearn skills and created strategies that will help them reintegrate as happy successful members of the community.”
- Traumatic Brain Injury Survival Guide explains TBI in a clear and concise manner. By Dr. Glen Johnson, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Clinical Director of the Neuro-Recovery Head Injury Program.
- Mind Tools helps develop time management and organizational skills.
- Sound Generations (formerly Senior Services) is a nonprofit agency available to seniors in Seattle and King County, Washington that provides a comprehensive list of community activities, transportation, and other resources.
- RAMP, the Regional Access Mobility Program, using all volunteer labor, builds ramps for individuals with mobility problems. Currently there is not enough funding to build the ramps at no cost, but most materials are obtained at contractor’s discounts, and this savings is passed on to the consumer. As funding grows, so does the dream to someday offer ramps at no cost. Click here for a PDF of the ramp request form. For further information, or to make a donation, call (425) 220-5452 or write to:
2812 Lombard #107
Everett, WA 98201
- “Making Your Case” Advocacy Training is a free, Internet-based learning program designed for use by people with disabilities, family members, and concerned citizens interested in creating policy change through advocacy. There is no cost for this interactive, self-paced learning program. It takes about three hours to complete, and is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
- Outdoors for All is a Seattle based organization that facilitates adaptive and therapeutic recreation for children and adults with disabilities. Their programs include: snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country and downhill skiing, cycling, hiking, river rafting, kayaking, day camps, rock-climbing, camping and custom events.